CALL THE HOTLINE 07710 501179
No matter what size or purpose your project may be, home and business owners in the Balham, Clapham and Streatham area can rely on our professional scaffolding contractors. Urban Scaffolding is accredited by the CITB, which provides the necessary industry training for scaffolding companies across Surrey, London and the UK. The scaffolding services we offer are certified by CHAS to ensure health and safety regulations are strictly met.
When searching for reputable scaffolding companies in Balham, Clapham, Streatham and the surrounding areas, the credentials are a clear indication of the standards you can expect. The scaffolding contractors at Urban Scaffolding are fully-experienced in all aspects of scaffolding services, with endorsements from the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
Our scaffolding contractors ensure all equipment is well maintained and ready to be used for short or long-term scaffolding services. Due to projects in Balham, Clapham, Streatham and the surrounding areas which take place at great heights, it is essential that scaffolding companies are fully-trained and have access to refresher courses too.
• Construction Industry Scaffolder's Record Scheme (CISRS) – CITB runs a programme of training schemes for industry professionals. This includes the CISRS, which provides scaffolding companies with the necessary resources to keep their team’s skillset up to date. CISRS concentrates on the correct assembly of scaffolding frames, towers and platforms, plus how to undertake CITB Health, Safety and Environment tests
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) – Further CITB accredited courses include CSCS-trained staff, who hold CSCS cards to verify their experience. This covers domestic and commercial scaffolding services, such as designing and erecting scaffolding structures of different complexities
The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) is one of the first third party certification schemes for scaffolding contractors in the UK. This qualification means that scaffolding companies like us are well versed in managing various projects, with current UK health and safety regulations as their focus.
Health and Safety Inspections
To keep your Balham, Clapham or Streatham workforce safe throughout the scaffolding hire period, scaffolding contractors schedule regular on-site inspections. These are required to take place as follows:
• As soon as scaffolding structures have been erected, prior to clients accessing the platforms
• Every 7 days once scaffolding frames have been set up, depending on the length of the hire period
• Following bouts of extreme weather which can affect the integrity of the structure, such as storms, heavy rainfall and gale-force winds
It is important for scaffolding companies to carry out these checks because scaffolding equipment is prone to daily wear and tear. This is due to impact of weight from workers, construction materials and equipment.
• Expert advice on plans and designs for a wide-range of domestic and commercial scaffolding solutions in Balham, Clapham, Streatham and the nearby areas
• Complete project management for scaffolding services, from the design and assembly, to inspection and deconstruction process
• All scaffolding services we offer are fully-guaranteed and covered by public liability insurance